The Indian Aces defeated the Japan Warriors 26-21 on home turf in New Delhi as the International Premier Tennis League rolled on.
They raced into an early lead thanks to doubles specialists Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna, a duo of Indian players, putting a 6-4 score-line on the board.
The Aces` Agnieszka Radwanska then defeated Mirjana Lucic-Baroni 6-2 - but the Warriors replied with a doubles win through Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Leander Paes.
Fabrice Santoro`s 6-3 singles victory over Thomas Enqvist got the Aces over the line in their home tie, despite dropping the fifth set.
Earlier, Nick Kyrgios put the finishing touches on the Singapore Slammers` 30-22 win against the Philippine Mavericks.
The Slammers romped to a win by winning all five sets, with Kyrgios starring in the final two.
He teamed with Marcelo Melo to thwart Treat Huey and Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the doubles, before Kyrgios edged past Roger-Vasselin in the singles.
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation