Liverpool have bid for Piotr Zielinski
Liverpool have made a £9.5m bid for Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski as manager Jurgen Klopp looks to boost his midfield options, Sky sources understand.
The Poland international, who was an unused substitute in Sunday`s 1-0 win over Northern Ireland at Euro 2016, has spent the last two years on loan at Empoli.
The player is wanted by Napoli but it is believed Anfield is the player`s preferred destination and there were claims in the Italian media that Klopp has called Zielinski to outline his plans.
"I negotiated for Zielinski with the Pozzo family and we finalised every detail," Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis told Corriere dello Sport
"Instead it now seems as if the player is doing everything possible to resist the move and not come here. He wants Liverpool."
Klopp has already signed Schalke centre-back Joel Matip, Red Star Belgrade midfielder Marko Grujic and Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius for next season as his squad strengthening continues.
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation