Juli Inkster will return as captain of the United States Solheim Cup team for the 2017 tournament at the Des Moines Golf & Country Club in Iowa, the LPGA announced on Friday.
Inkster, who has played in nine Solheim Cup teams, will become only the fourth American to captain the US for a second time.
The Californian led her side to glory at this year`s event as the USA completed the biggest comeback in Solheim Cup history to edge Europe 14½ - 13½ at St Leon-Rot in Germany.
"I have had a lot of exciting and memorable highlights during my time on tour but leading that team of 12 women was one of the biggest thrills of my entire golf career," Inkster said at a press conference in Iowa.
"So the answer was easy and I wanted to have this announced as soon as I could because keeping a secret isn`t one of my strengths. I`m thrilled by the challenge of defending the Cup on home soil next summer and can`t wait to put on a show in Des Moines.
"Our team`s performance in Germany was so inspiring for all of us and was a prime example of the current state of American women`s golf."
Inkster has 31 LPGA titles to her name including the career Grand Slam and is a member of the Hall of Fame.
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation