McLaren driver Jenson Button has been taken to hospital after suffering an eye problem during Friday practice for the German GP.
`Jenson complained of an eye irritation during FP2, and has gone to Mannheim hospital to have a precautionary check-up,` McLaren confirmed.
Were Button to be ruled out, McLaren reserve driver Stoffel Vandoorne, already in attendance at Hockenheim, would deputise for the former world champion.
Button finished the afternoon session in eighth place, two places ahead of team-mate Fernando Alonso, but missed the final twenty minutes as a result of his eye complaint.
More to follow...
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation