Christian Horner thinks champ will run out of patience with Ferrari
Sebastian Vettel`s former boss thinks the German driver may soon run out of patience with Ferrari.
Christian Horner, who oversaw Vettel`s four consecutive world championships for Red Bull, told Sport Bild that he senses a lack of calm in the 29-year-old`s current disposition.
"I have the feeling that Seb is a bit rattled," Red Bull team boss Horner told the German newspaper.
"I know from personal experience that he has to feel good in order to perform well. And I`m not sure whether he likes (Ferrari president) Sergio Marchionne`s pressure.
"I can well imagine that in 2018 Seb will switch to Mercedes if he doesn`t start making progress with Ferrari," Horner added.
The Italian press is currently characterizing Ferrari as being in "crisis," having failed to capitalize on its progress and being out-performed in recent races by Red Bull.
But Former driver Gerhard Berger does not agree with Horner that Vettel is becoming rattled by the pressure.
"I know him from the Red Bull days," the former Toro Rosso co-owner told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera, "and he is a true leader. He never loses heart."
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation