Roger Federer has confirmed he will team-up with Martina Hingis in mixed doubles to represent Switzerland at next year`s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
The 34-year-old said: "Yes, I will play with Martina in the mixed. I`m very excited about that because I haven`t played with Martina I guess in 15 years.
"I looked up to her when I was younger, I thought she was the most unbelievable talent.
"She`s almost my age and she was winning grand slams while I was still at the national tennis centre, trying to make it on the tour and I couldn`t believe how good she was."
Federer and Hingis last played mixed doubles together in the Hopman Cup in Australia in 2001, a team event Switzerland won.
Hingis, who is one year older than Federer, was world No 1 as a 16-year-old and, in 1997, won three of the four grand slam singles titles.
She went on to win five slam titles at singles, along with 11 in women`s doubles and four at mixed.
Federer is also set to play men`s doubles with Stan Wawrinka in Rio while Hingis will partner Belinda Bencic in the women`s version.
Federer claimed Olympic gold with Wawrinka in Beijing but was beaten in the final of the singles four years later in London when Andy Murray was triumphant.
Federer added: "I`ve always said the Olympics is very important to me.
"Every Olympic Games has been a super-amazing experience, an eye-opener, a great learning curve for me, seeing other athletes, getting inspired and motivated, carrying the flag is such a proud moment in my career and my life as a person, to have done that twice for Switzerland was incredible in Athens and in Beijing.
"Winning the gold with Stan, meeting Mirka (his wife) in Sydney 2000, getting the silver in London, it felt like I won gold."
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation