Villarreal central defender Eric Bailly looks like being Jose Mourinho`s first signing as Manchester United manager.
Bailly is due to have a medical this week and terms are thought to have been agreed with the 22-year-old, who will cost the Red Devils about £30m.
He has played 40 times in La Liga, the first five of which were for Espanyol.
Bailly joined Villarreal for £4.4m in January 2015 and played in every game as Ivory Coast won the Africa Cup of Nations just weeks later.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is also tipped to join United as Mourinho rebuilds a squad he inherited from Louis van Gaal, who was sacked last month.
The Sweden striker, 34, is a free agent after leaving Paris St-Germain and hinted at the weekend he would make an announcement about his future on Tuesday.
But that announcement turned out to concern his new sportswear range.
Asked about his future at the Paris launch event, he told the audience: "There is no confirmation. Keep wondering. I am enjoying the stories."
- Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez to have Arsenal medicals
- Hope Solo: USA goalkeeper suspended for six months for `cowards` comment
- Tokyo Olympic medals may be made from recycled smartphones
- Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo
- The bizarre psychology of the bronze medal win
- Rio Olympics 2016: Team GB athlete `robbed` at Games after night out
- Metallica performs national anthem at the Stanley Cup Final (VIDEO)
- Christian Benteke: Liverpool reject Crystal Palace bid of £30m
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette `won`t refuse offers`
- 10 Biggest Celebrity ★ Fitness Body Transformation